$75 to blow at williams sonoma . . .

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
$75 doesn't really go all that far at WS but I ended up with a gift card. What would you guys get for $75, or put $75 toward? The only knife there I'd consider picking up for around that price is the shun classic parer, but still seems an awful lot to spend. Maybe I'll just stick with my $7 victorinox forschner.

So let's open this up to gear other than knives. What would you grab/subsidize if you could?

I want something copper. Ive Been looking at those little Cooper sugar pots. I think it would be amazing for sauces and gravies. It has a spout to which seals thé deal. That or id put it towards a le creuset whatever you fancy.

I want something copper. Ive Been looking at those little Cooper sugar pots. I think it would be amazing for sauces and gravies. It has a spout to which seals thé deal. That or id put it towards a le creuset whatever you fancy.

Yeah I was looking at the LC enameled skillets (already have one of the dutch ovens). Thing is I live near an LC outlet and can get crazy good deals there, like 60% off with sales. What else? :)

Nice coffee grinder for spices, etc. That have a 1.5 qt ice cream maker in that price range...
.... mini food processor for travel.
The Cuisinart griddler/panini press is really great at $100.

Rosle tongs or peeler? Towels and wash clothes that's mainly what I buy from there. You could buy some of the fancy salts or balsamic vinegar as well.

Can't remember the last time I went to a WS store but just looked online. Saw a lot of little things that I would not exactly call necessary. Maybe use the gift card on something you want but wouldn't feel very good spending hard earned money on? I know that's vague but there's a lot of stuff on the site I was looking at that might be cool but could easily do without. Like a pig shaped grill weight! http://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/pr...n-press/pipinfo.html?pkey=ctools-meat-poultry :laugh:

The parer. Moving from a Vnox type (cheap plastic handle, cheap, flexi, metal blade) parer to a grown-up version is a game changer. Though you may quickly find yourself moving further uptstream to parers from the makers here.

Or hand towels. I like WS towels though at 4/$20 they're a little pricey. There are also a host of WS "exclusive" products - Keller's All-Clad line, Soda Stream Penguin come to mind.

I was in my local WS and there was a large selection of staub and le crueset cast iron that were in the bargain area. Wish it was a few months earlier. I would have brought a few home.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Ended up going for that 1/2 off staub enameled CI grill pan that panda found!

ejfm8p.jpg

So now I've got an LC 7.5 qt oven, an LC 13.5" skillet, and this staub 10" grill pan. Think I'm set on cast iron for a while.

Back to knives for me :knife::knife::knife: could maybe use a parer like daveb was talking about . . .

Back