Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck Press?

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    That sounds a tad gruesome, yet very tasty.
    meat is gruesome. Thickening sauce with blood is a technique that's been around a lonnnnngg time, as with liver, most popular with game. We do a more modern variation of a sauce salmis when we do a cote du boef where we sear foie gras and blend it with beef jus. I've also done squab thickened with a liver/butter puree on a few occasions. It's good
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Hey, that's they case some fish too. A number of the more tasty salt water varieties should NEVER be shown whole to the people who are going to eat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousCowboy View Post
    meat is gruesome. Thickening sauce with blood is a technique that's been around a lonnnnngg time, as with liver, most popular with game. We do a more modern variation of a sauce salmis when we do a cote du boef where we sear foie gras and blend it with beef jus. I've also done squab thickened with a liver/butter puree on a few occasions. It's good

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousCowboy View Post
    I've also done squab thickened with a liver/butter puree on a few occasions. It's good
    That is such remarkably healthful and nourishing food, I can't even describe the benefits in one post.

A whole game bird, with liver and butter. It's like a nutritionists' wet dream.