Kickstarter Knife Set - Murray Carter Special Editions.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menzaremba

Reaction score
Last edited:
"optimised for outdoor cooking", lmao.

Pointless product. If you want something light/robust and cuts well get a Victorinox with a fibrox handle. $20, and you're done.

"optimised for outdoor cooking", lmao.

Pointless product. If you want something light/robust and cuts well get a Victorinox with a fibrox handle. $20, and you're done.

100% correct.
Many of my coworkers never move beyond these production knives and they never complain… I do though when forced to use one…lol.

So for 265 dollars you get a Carter? is that a good deal, I wonder how long the Carter blade is.

Maybe you can just get it and get it handled and you get a discount Carter

So for 265 dollars you get a Carter? is that a good deal, I wonder how long the Carter blade is.

Maybe you can just get it and get it handled and you get a discount Carter
It appears that what you actually get is a handleless Muteki, made by one or another of Carter's apprentices.

It appears that what you actually get is a handleless Muteki, made by one or another of Carter's apprentices.

oh damn i didn't see the apprentice part.

That's a bit deceiving, I always thought the Muteki's are stamped differently, this one seems to have the Carter knife stamp on it instead of "Muteki by Carter"

Easy to Clean - With no grip it takes less than 10 seconds to properly clean a Field Knife. No dishwasher needed.

So how long does it take to clean a knife with a handle?

The rockwell rating of 54-61 seems to have a large range, basically spanning traditional German/American knives with Japanese hardness.

The Professional Grip. A buddy of mine does that for a living. He's worked on a few big budget movies in the last couple years.

I would take a chance on the Carter if it was a bit cheaper and had a handle. It's interesting for sure.

As it is my Spyderco Southfork makes a pretty good camp prep knife. I tend to pre prep most things and camp tasks typically entail lighter tasking.

To me outdoors food stuff equals Opinel. The carbon ones are cheap, robust and will cope with most tasks as long as we're not talking Michelin star camping.

The small chef knife has IMO very usable blade shape, but the grip-less-ness would not work for me. I am actually planning on having a sort of small chef's knife with blade length some 165 made for travel to cut meat.

Surely these guys must be friends of Murray or perhaps a business venture of one of his apprentices or something. Seems like a surprising connection?

Back