No more lurking..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butters

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker, new member from across the pond. Professional winemaker, former engineer, wannabe chef, digester of useless information and a lover of good quality tools. My burgeoning collection of kitchen knives is becoming a problem.

Thanks for the information you've all provided here. Some of it is excellent.

Butters

Welcome aboard Butters.

A man after my own heart. Engineer, Wine Lover and Knife nut.

Structural engineer here who loves wine and knives. So you are amongst good company.

The in jokes are still out for me so I'm lost on the Leopold reference..

Anyway, thanks for building the forum and hopefully I can contribute something. Like cat videos, or internet facts..

Ah ha. Got it.

In the U.K Butters is a nickname reserved for people who hit one or two branches on the way down. I'm sure it was given to me ironically, as I'm as fine a specimen as ever lived. Maybe.

My rack is a work in progress. I don't really 'need' any more knives, but that goes for everyone here I expect.

240 Wakui Gyuto White #2
255 Sabatier 'K' vintage slicer, one of the 1930's blanks that are made of cheese. Soft, stinky French cheese.
210 Watanabe Gyuto Blue #2
210 Heiji Special brew
150 Takeda Honesuki Blue Super
150 Masamoto VG petty
There's also an 8" Henckles, two 8" Victorinox beater's and Victorinox bread and fillet knives.

I've got a 240 Hide gyuto and a 180 Mutsumi Hinoura gyuto on the way, and sadly just missed out on Gavination's Shige 210 Kasumi, which is what pushed me over the line to sign up.

I thought "need" was one of those censored words...:nono:

Welcome. And good start. Curious about Heiiji Special Brew....

Special brew = semi stainless mystery mix. I've read (on the internet..) that it's SKD11 or 12. Whatever. It cuts, I am happy.

Hi Butters, what winery are you a winemaker at, if you don't mind me asking?

Mildly inspirational. Coming out of the lurking closet seems to be in season.

Hi Butters,

I know that you've said that it's not a South Park reference, but this needs to be your avatar.

Butters_%28Facebook%29.jpg

Welcome, and as a fellow Englishman, Engineer and lover of fine tools, I'd say that you're in good company here.

The knife pictures aren't showing up for me for some reason.

Back