Taking a break for the summer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I won't be making many knives this summer. I just received a large order for Damascus stock, and so I'll be working on that. I'm not going away forever, mainly just to work this job, which should be finished around the end of august.
Thanks,
Del

Congrats for scoring such a large order. While it takes you away from knife making, it gives you the income/ stability that allows you to make knives. Maybe sneak in a few extra bars so you'll have some good dammy stock for more knives once you get back to the hammer/ grinder?

Congrats for scoring such a large order. While it takes you away from knife making, it gives you the income/ stability that allows you to make knives. Maybe sneak in a few extra bars so you'll have some good dammy stock for more knives once you get back to the hammer/ grinder?

Yes, while I am in the forging, I'll be making some extra.
Del

You know it, I'll be lucky if the shop is below 100f
The good news is I may lose a bit of extra weight.
Time for bananas and potato chips for lunch.
D

Same for me in the kitchen this time of year. I don't go to the gym, I just sweat off a few extra pounds at work. Looking forward to you getting back into the knife game in the fall. I've been wanting a Damascus blade from you for a while. Hopefully you will have some steel leftovers for a custom job. Good luck with your large order

"See You In September" - it's an old rock and roll tune that seems appropriate here. Have fun Del.

Back