Western & Drop Tail Gyutos Available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
I just put these two in the store HERE.

The Western is 52100 with carbon fiber and Arizona desert ironwood burl.

The Drop Tail is 52100 with a chunk of my damascus and Australian ringed gidgee.

Ian, Just on feugo Ian!

FWIW, I bought one of these from the last round and the knife is substantial. I haven't completely put it through its paces yet, but the things I have cut with it, veg/fruits/tomatoes/large melons put a smile on my face. This new grind (heavier, taller, thinner at the edge, asymmetry) leads to very confident cuts. Weighing in at 278g / 56 tall / 242 tip to heel, its truly an Excalibur.

I got mine in AEBL and the finish on the steel is eye catching. Mirrored but not too much to to be HM. Dry Takenono stroping has kept the edge grabby but refined.

Feedback from me is very positive, and I'm an awfully picky SOB.

MB

Ian, Just on feugo Ian!

FWIW, I bought one of these from the last round and the knife is substantial. I haven't completely put it through its paces yet, but the things I have cut with it, veg/fruits/tomatoes/large melons put a smile on my face. This new grind (heavier, taller, thinner at the edge, asymmetry) leads to very confident cuts. Weighing in at 278g / 56 tall / 242 tip to heel, its truly an Excalibur.

I got mine in AEBL and the finish on the steel is eye catching. Mirrored but not too much to to be HM. Dry Takenono stroping has kept the edge grabby but refined.

Feedback from me is very positive, and I'm an awfully picky SOB.

MB

Thank you sir!

Back