Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new jns 1k

Now if only it would come back in stock....

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake03 View Post
    Now if only it would come back in stock....
    Hey, cut Maksim some slack here - he just hot some seriously cool Kato hunting and utility knives in stock. And apart from that good stuff is worth waiting for

Just messing around a bit, I know everything with Japanese knives and stones tends to be a waiting process. That said though hoping they come back in soon and hoping to hear back from Maksim sometime about the new JNS 1000 vs. the 1200.....

hi guys!

i got one of the new jns1000 on the first day they arrived in maxims shop.

i also was one of the 5 star review writers, because that stone is really amazing.
    its splash and go and cuts very fast with great feedback, dishes not so much and stays flat because it is really hard.

a friend of mine has the old jns1000 and we compared them.. well heliked his 1000 more but i like the new 1000 better..
    it is hard to say.. as the old 1000 you can even remove chips with its strong cutting and it leaves a good surface for my jns red aoto
    i used the glasstone 2000 before but cant compare them to this one.. (ok the glasstone 500 is still a keeper since it is awesome with great feedback too)

feedback is really awesome and good size too..

i can go with this stone directly on my ohira shiro suita renge or maruyama shiro suita without anything between.. i used this on a ck76 custom knife and my 3 Ashi sweden steel knife and works very good..
    soo a very very good 1000 grit stone and it looks amazing to ;9 ..i love the colors and the pattern on the stone.

best regards, daniel!

Any more updates on this?

EDITED

Just bought one :P hopefully I like it

Let us know how do you like it! I have both the old and new versions. The old is a soaker, but seems to have a better feedback than the new one. The new is S&G, but it is thirsty when dry. I like both.

I like that it's Splash n Go, I already have couple soakers in this range. I just did two knives on it. So far it left a good taste. But a little bit to early to make a statement...

Just wondering; can this stone can be soaked? If so, any difference?