Forum Demographics

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sitting in the Amsterdam airport and you have a real-time reminder of who lives abroad (ecchef, Darkhoek, toek, oivind, maxim etc.), the rest of you online don't have an excuse :)

But that also got me thinking: Are there any women on this forum? I think someone signed up as Rachael Ray to raz Dave, so at least someone is pretending to be a woman.

k.

i can pretend to be female if it makes you happy =)

Nothing would make me happier, toek. And does that mean your next knife is a 5 1/2 inch santoku?

* I figure some stereotypes should shake the bush a bit.

k.

Actually my first knife was a santoku...:O

I've wondered where the women are myself. There has to be some pros with excellent knife skills and a work kit worthy of showing off. Maybe they don't want to get tied up with a bunch of knuckle heads. The only woman I've ever heard mention was Pam at FF or Chowhound, I don't remember which forum. I think we need some women to put us back in our place when we get out of line.

I've been wondering this for months, and almost made a post with this exact title! I didn't want to offend anyone, and I'm not sure what does and doesn't these days.

I've also wondered if there are any black dudes on the forum? Everyone's pictures are pretty much anglo and asian people.

What gives?

I never thought of this place as ideal to pick up women, JK, I kinda know what you meant. though I could create a KKF calendar with beautiful women showcasing popular knives :D hmmm, knives and bikinis anyone?

I'd honestly prefer to see just the knives on their own :) Likewise with cars, firearms, electronics. Beer, however.... :)

Lol, any women who may have been here just left.

Though it may reinforce something reported in an earlier post, where a former SLT employee commented that all men that come in head straight for the knives... It is a little strange as KF had a small number of active female participants, though, now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't seen them around in a while either here, there, or FF.

Weren't you over at KF when we went through this last year, Karring? I am aware of a couple of women on the forum as well as a "black" guy although he wouldn't really characterize himself that way. I'm sure they all think this thread is beneath them.

I think the original purpose of this thread was, "Where are the women who can bring something to the table with their experience and knowledge". Seems there's always some bone headed guy that just has to make some kind of comment that would ward women off. I guess it's "Once a boys' club, always a boys' club".

I never thought of this place as ideal to pick up women, JK, I kinda know what you meant. though I could create a KKF calendar with beautiful women showcasing popular knives :D hmmm, knives and bikinis anyone?

It works with motorcycles!

Has anyone seen a female that was proficient with a knife? (lesbians excluded)

Can I say that?

Depends what you mean by proficient but I would say yes. I know a few, actually. One of them likes to wield a 270 mm Yoshikane gyuto, as a matter of fact.

Woha!

Sorrry for be9ing drunk and posting1
My GF is on a vacation and Im alone homeee nad drunk :)
Gonna stop readduing on the forum and go too bed now. Just wanted to vheck in to see if everyone was ok :)
Seee you all tomorroew :)
Paryt on!!! :)

I coulda swore there was a girl kicking around on KF right around the time I joined. Think she bought a knife from Jon and reviewed it. Can't remember exactly though.

Woha!

Sorrry for be9ing drunk and posting1
My GF is on a vacation and Im alone homeee nad drunk :)
Gonna stop readduing on the forum and go too bed now. Just wanted to vheck in to see if everyone was ok :)
Seee you all tomorroew :)
Paryt on!!! :)

This is why friends should not let friends drink and post.

embarrassed-monkey.jpg

Seems a little odd that knives seem to be a men-only thing, when cooking is a pretty inclusive thing. Perhaps it is because for pretty much everyone here knives are a real hobby on its own aside from actually cooking with them? I remember on FF not long ago someone posted a topic asking everyone their age and I was actually suprised at how much it varied, there were a lot more young people that I was expecting

To be honest, I thought that was the kind of info that this thread was going to try to be soliciting. That and home v pro.

Oh, Home and 28.

"Home" and 33.

Don't have any friends or family, whether male or female, with even a smidge of interest in knives.

Back