Quantcast
Forum Demographics
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Demographics

Forum Demographics

I'm sitting in the Amsterdam airport and you have a real-time reminder of who lives abroad (ecchef, Darkhoek, toek, oivind, maxim etc.), the rest of you online don't have an excuse

But that also got me thinking: Are there any women on this forum? I think someone signed up as Rachael Ray to raz Dave, so at least someone is pretending to be a woman.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

i can pretend to be female if it makes you happy =)
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit."

Nothing would make me happier, toek. And does that mean your next knife is a 5 1/2 inch santoku?

* I figure some stereotypes should shake the bush a bit.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Actually my first knife was a santoku...
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit."

I've wondered where the women are myself. There has to be some pros with excellent knife skills and a work kit worthy of showing off. Maybe they don't want to get tied up with a bunch of knuckle heads. The only woman I've ever heard mention was Pam at FF or Chowhound, I don't remember which forum. I think we need some women to put us back in our place when we get out of line.

I've been wondering this for months, and almost made a post with this exact title! I didn't want to offend anyone, and I'm not sure what does and doesn't these days.

I've also wondered if there are any black dudes on the forum? Everyone's pictures are pretty much anglo and asian people.

What gives?

I never thought of this place as ideal to pick up women, JK, I kinda know what you meant. though I could create a KKF calendar with beautiful women showcasing popular knives hmmm, knives and bikinis anyone?

I'd honestly prefer to see just the knives on their own Likewise with cars, firearms, electronics. Beer, however....
    Len

Lol, any women who may have been here just left.

Though it may reinforce something reported in an earlier post, where a former SLT employee commented that all men that come in head straight for the knives... It is a little strange as KF had a small number of active female participants, though, now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't seen them around in a while either here, there, or FF.