Would love to try - Zwilling Kramer 160mm (6") chef knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am really getting interested in the smallest Zwilling Kramer chef knife (the one with 160mm blade). Does anyone has one willing to lend it? I could offer some knife in return :)

The thing is - I am intrigued by the blade shape - short, tall with lots of belly. I am considering to have knife with somewhat similar profile made and it would be great to try the ZKramer if possible, to see whether it is actually that I want/need.

Please PM and maybe we could work something out :)

I haven't used one, but I do have a 210mm Itinomonn with a lot of belly and love it. The tall, pointy, short, and lots of belly works really well for me as a small board knife.

I really hated using the knife at work, but as soon as I brought it home it became the only thing I cook dinner with. It sucks at cutting up six quarts of anything but if you have to cut small amounts of six different things and then slice a protein it is perfect. The belly gives you more usable edge slicing so the knife feels longer as long as you start your cuts at the heel.

Good luck finding a loaner Kramer and having this custom made, if you have any more questions about the knife I have PM me.

Back