• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

JNATS pt. 2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dardeau

Reaction score
Ohira Suita - $425 shipped CONUS

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1435527424.556900.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1435527444.724937.jpg

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ohira-range-suita-lv-3-5-a431/

The above link is the exact stone purchased from JNS and includes the nagura provided by Maxim, the fancyass JNS box he shipped it in, and has been lacquered by me.

This stone is awesome, and provides both a nice finish and a great cutting edge. It is just not the kind of edge I prefer. Even on a yanagiba it is a little too fine and runny for me. I've used this stone maybe ten times and it is still basically new.

Oodori - $175 shipped CONUS

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1435528032.271599.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1435528048.939346.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1435528067.474119.jpg

This is the only one of these I have ever seen, it is a medium stone, maybe a little finer than an Ikarashi. It leaves a much more refined, less mirrored finish than an Ikarashi. This stone has a crack in it, which is pictured, that was present when I bought the stone. I relaquered the stone and it hasn't grown since.

Feel free to ask questions, willing to trade for a 210mm deba or anything else interesting.

Leaving town bump, if you are interested this is the last day for me to shop for a while.

Final bump and price drop
Ohira $400
Oodori $165
Together $500

Ohira is retracted. I fooled around with it after work last night and took a usuba edge off of it into work this morning and it powered through some prep, stayed sharp, and generally kicked ass. Oodori still for sale.

I am trying to fund new purchases. Bump on the Oodori and adding a JKI Takashima to the list at $175.

I can take stone pics tonight, and pictures of the finish left on knives Sunday. I will reduce price for combined shipping. Please PM with any questions.

Crap I accidentally deleted an enitire paragraph.

The Takashima is the large version, mounted to a base. It is as appears in Jon's listing minus the stamps. I removed it from the base, relaquered it while doing a large batch of stones, and reattached it to the stand as preventative maintenance.

Shouldn't BST early in the AM.

Back