Choosing a petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruso

Reaction score
Friend of mine is looking for a small knife for some in hand work and perhaps light on board prep.
Based on that 100-120mm Petty should be good enough.
Two conditions: Western handle (Yo) and Stainless.
Priced around $100 and preferably not from US (shipping costs) :(

So far, Ashi Ginga and Masamoto VG look interesting. I have 0 knowledge on petties, hopefully people with good petty experience can chime in.

Thanks.

Del ealy paring knife in aebl . Perfect for peeling and cleaning fruit. For larger , check out JKI gesshin ginga . Beautiful knife no matter what size you get

I have a takamura r2 petty and its super super sexy. It's a few bucks over budget $149 cad but it's an awesome knife.

I also have a Takamura 150 R2 and 130 HSPS Pro, but I think they are more than you'd want to spend. There was one place selling Takamura in Canada (out of Ottawa I think) that had decent prices, I know that KW is more. I ordered my HSPS Pro from MTC kitchen, at the time even with shipping and the exchange rate it was about the same as getting the equivalent size R2 in Canada plus I got a saya

I also have a Takamura 150 R2 and 130 HSPS Pro, but I think they are more than you'd want to spend. There was one place selling Takamura in Canada (out of Ottawa I think) that had decent prices, I know that KW is more. I ordered my HSPS Pro from MTC kitchen, at the time even with shipping and the exchange rate it was about the same as getting the equivalent size R2 in Canada plus I got a saya

This place? http://www.finejapanesekitchenknives.com/takamura.php On sale right now, pretty good prices compared to KW.

Back