New to quality knifes and this site.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimyfirm

Reaction score
New guy here from northern Illinois, I'm tired of reading. So many opinions about which stones and knife makers are the best. Figured I'd register so I could post questions if I need to.

I'm not the type that tests the waters first. My plan is to order the stones first, because I think i can narrow it down, easier than the knifes. Speaking of knifes OMG I had no idea there are so many to choose from. Makers and so many types, bevels, right handed, lefties, ambidextrous and handles. Honestly I'm more confused now than before I started. Thats my rant for the evening.

Welcome bro, you came to the right place. People here are amazing. We are like the shigefusas of people. You probably don't want a left handed knife by the way, they cost 50% more haha

I'm left handed so I thought a left handed knife would be a good option. At 40% more, maybe I should rethink the left handed knife.

I have question or two about stones, is this the right place to ask or should I start a new topic in the appropriate thread?

Welcome, I am also a lefty so I feel your pain. The 40-50% is usually for single bevel, double bevel can be more around 15% or else you can make do if the bevel is 50/50 (some of mine are like that). There's a few good threads on asymmetry you may want to read, unfortunately I don't have the links readily available.

I'd suggest posting your questions about stones in the sharpening sub-forum

Latest posts

Back