Thread: 09/11/11 Open Invitation

09/11/11 Open Invitation

As I watched the towers burn nearly 10 years ago I remember thinking to myself, "those buildings are going to come down". Then I thought about the people scrambling down the stairwells......Then I thought about those scrambling up. They also suspected those buildings were going to come down but they went up anyway.

With that in mind, I will be hosting a dinner commemorating the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at my restaurant. ALL the proceeds will go to the "Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety" childrens burn camp. It's a place where burn injured kids can hang out with other kids just like them for a week of fun and activities. A place to forget the scars.

I'm looking for anyone who may want to volunteer and help out with the dinner or to attend. The cost to attend will be $91.10. For volunteers all I can guarantee is food, drink, fun and satisfaction.

There will also be an auction, including a custom Devin Thomas Western gyuto commemorating the date.

Please PT with questions.

As we used to say, "see you at the big one"!

That's very nice of you. I'm sure all who attend will enjoy a great meal while supporting a great cause. I wish I lived closer!

Scott,

I would love to volunteer my newbie skills but alas my wife and I have reservations we just cannot cancel. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you have a big turn out as your cause is truly honorable.

Regards,

Pete