need to replace surround sound speakers....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
I'm not an audiophile, in large measure b/c I have studiously avoided it...that's a rabbithole I want no part of!

But, I do enjoy surround sound. I have the amp/receiver (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001Q258S/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20), I just need a new set of speakers. My amp is DTS6.1. I still have the sub-woofer and front center, but I'm not attached to them. I use optical for all of my connections.

So, looking to replace for under, let's call it $200.

front center would be in the console, FL and FR will be mounted on stands, RL and RC and RR will be mounted to the wall.

any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
For what you want to spend this will probably do it.

Click

Never heard them but you'll have left over to go out to a nice dinner.

Hmmmm....the monoprice product that article mentions is different...it's about $100 more....is it worth the extra Benjamin (keeping in mind that's still within my original budget)?

More than likely those are the same speakers in a different box. I could be wrong though. Looking at the specs for both they are exactly the same. Specs dont tell the whole story. Hop onto monoprice live chat and ask if they are the same construction and parts. Base your decision off their response and which look you like better.

Had a chat with one of their support folks. It looks like they two sets are equivalent in terms of sound quality. However, the more expensive set has larger drivers (making it louder from the same amp), the subwoofer is a little more powerful, and the boxes are a little bit higher quality. Since that's within my budget, I went with the second set. Thanks for the excellent pointers and advice everybody!

Speakers can be VERY costly. For your price point, you should look at Amazon for what has received the best reviews in the largest quantities. The quality will not differ much.

Back