Quantcast
Review of JKI, Japanese Knife Imports - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review of JKI, Japanese Knife Imports

Pickin' up knives from Jon and Sara is always a pleasure. I acquired a konosuke from him awhile back and I've been signing my paychecks over to him ever since lol. They're a very honest, ethical and classy duo.

Wish I could go in for a browse and maybe a purchase.. but I'm too far, maybe one of these days! Congratulation on the new additions, I am glad those are working out for you Edgy Guy..

Jon Broida is a gentleman and a scholar...so don't come crying to us when you can't pay your mortgage because you spent all your coin on Heijis and Inos.

I wish I could visit, but I'm spending too much already even without stepping foot into JKI and chatting with Jon in person. How's the cost of living in LA after factoring in likely spending patterns at JKI?
    Len

Sponsors
    cost of living here sucks... especially on the westside and even more in venice (i can only dream of living near our store for the time being... please buy more knives and stones so sara and i can move to a cooler place ;p )

Not sure I would go carbon, considering what I use smaller knives for, but find myself wanting a petty from that pic. Very nice knives.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    cost of living here sucks... especially on the westside and even more in venice (i can only dream of living near our store for the time being... please buy more knives and stones so sara and i can move to a cooler place ;p )
    Hey bro, I tried to give you more money. Bonk Bonk Bonk

Yeah, housing here is crazy!
    Do what I do.
    Be an old fart who bought a house a long time ago.

Glad you had a good experience. I have the same petty and it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    Not sure I would go carbon, considering what I use smaller knives for, but find myself wanting a petty from that pic. Very nice knives.
    I thought maybe a Konosuke HD, but after being on the fence about it ended up with the Gesshin Ginga 210mm wa-petty. It's stainless, it's a laser, it's got all the fit and finish you could ever want. I haven't sharpened it yet. I just picked it up yesterday, and can't stop looking at it.

Big fun, eh?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

+ Reply to Thread