Chicago Deep dish crust?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintonior

Reaction score
I've tried three different crusts, and all came out more like regular pizza dough..who;s got the real deal?:hungry:

I've tried three different crusts, and all came out more like regular pizza dough..who;s got the real deal?:hungry:

Try adding some grated cooked potatoes to the dough, make sure you are using a hi protein flour because the potato will lower the overall protein content. Protein isn't hydroscopic but starch is so you will end up with a moister product. On top of that the free sugars in the cooked potato will lessen rise time and add a complexity of flavor. Oh and use a 10" round cake pan, no rolling pin just push it in place, it'll be a little thick. I use 18 oz. dough for one 10" pan. Hope this helps.

i've viewed your link.. it seems there is no clear recipe that ddep dish dough vallhala has yet to be discovered..:viking:

The pizzamaking.com link had some pretty good looking pies. It's personal preference as to what you may think is the best deep dish pizza. Some of the sticky recipes def look like they are worth a try.

Back