Want to share my new knife.......

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shendao

Reaction score
Just received my Konosuke HD 240 Wa-Sujihiki today.

KonosukeHD240Wa-Sujihiki.jpg

Very sharp OOTB, push cut paper effortlessly and is also very light.

Only setback is there is no hole for me to plug the pin so I guess I'll have to drill the hole myself.

Cheers.

looks great! i've been eyeing konosuke hd more and more these days...and it seems like there's a wave of them coming

i've heard the saya makers say that when you drill the whole, make sure to rest the side of saya flush directly on top of a piece of scrap wood so that when the drill bit comes out the other side it doesn't splinter the wood around the hole. Perhaps that should be done to the first whole as well, as the drill bit pierces through the middle slit.

My first cut was on tomato, it glides effortlessly, no force applied just slice and it cuts better than my Kasumi VG10 210mm Gyuto. Really love the feel of it. :)

I've been eyeing that one as well been looking to add a 270mm suji sometime in the future do you have any other sujis to compare it with? i have the misono ux10 240 and love it, also have the kono HD gyuto and love that as well.

Beautiful knife! Congrats.
For drilling the hole, make sure you have the hole marked properly (with the ferrule firmly against the saya). I would then put a piece of cardboard or folded paper into the pocket ofthe saya where you will be drilling. Hold it tightly against a scrap piece of wood, like dreamsignals suggested, and drill nice an steady, so you don't get any splintering. Masking tape would help as well.
Again, great knife!

jgraeff, unfortunately this is the only suji that I have.

Lefty, thank you for the info. Will probably bring it to my kitchen cabinet's maker workshop and request he drill the hole for me.

Back