• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(from EU) Carter Muteki 172mm funayuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

it took me some time to take this decision, but I somehow found myself with 3 knives of very comparable blade length, so I have decided to thin the herd and since I also have a kurouchi funayuki from Carter, I decided to sell the Muteki.

The knife:
This is one of the Muteki knives Carter brought recently that is made by his apprentices under his watch. It has white steel #1 core clad with stainless steel.

Dimensions:
- heel to tip: 172 mm
- height at the heel: 41 mm
- width of spine at heel: 2.1 mm
- width of spine at middle: 1.7 mm
- width of spine 1cm from the tip: 1.0 mm
- weight: 147 g
- handle: Ironwood

Condition:
I have used the knife on occasion and sharpened 2 or 3 times (no thinning though). The blade show some minor usage marks (slight patina) and a few scratches from sharpening (mostly on the left side). The handle has nice smooth finish. I have used board butter regularly. The knife in total is in very good condition.

Price:
$220 (200€) + shipping.

Shipping:
The knife will be shipped from Germany, so no additional taxes should be applied by local customs for EU buyers.
Insured shipping:
- within Germnay: 7 €
- within EU: 14 €
- the rest of the world: 16 - 42 € depending on your location, please ask for exact quote.

Payment:
Money transfer or PayPal.

Please note:
- If you have any questions, just reply to this thread.
- When you write me a PM please specify the knife - I am selling multiple items at the moment

Now for some photos:
The following photos were taken just few days ago. You can find some more HERE. Again - clicking on the photos will give you larger version.

Wondering why it is still available. This offer is an absolute steal.

If the CONUS didn't think it would be a huge pain in the ass customs wise, it would of sold for your initial price.

I have this knife and love it. I've thinned mine down a few times but the blade profile just works. Its a scrappy little blade. I grab for it when I don't want to be intentional with my fancy blades. The White steel tales a good edge too. Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by adding these remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back