what do you drink in summer ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairelv

Banned
Reaction score
it is so hot ! i want to make cool and special drinking for my family to relieving summer heat . any good suggestions ? i hope it is healthy and delicious .
thank you

I have a soda stream. I like to make sparkling water and add various concentrates. Cherry, pomegranate, blueberry, lemonade/limeade(I add a 2to1 simple syrup to make lemonade) you can add vodka/gin/bourbon to make coolers as well. Its easy and fairly inexpensive. I also like cordials in this.

Bloody Marys. Ice cold made with fresh tomato juice. I drink it all summer long.

Pretty healthy too depending on how much vodka you use.

my answer sucks.

i drink so much iced water. i buy a bag of ice and leave it in the freezer at work. i have an insulated double-walled plastic cup both at home and at the office. it is full of ice water all the time. i jog all summer long and it is a challenge to stay hydrated.

i cant drink room temp water, especially in the summer. i find i cannot keep up with hydration unless the drink is cold.

When I seed English cukes I reserve the seeds. A small spoon full in a large glass of water is wonderful. Seeds good for a couple days if they last that long.

Add a small amount of mint to that. No home its next level.

+1 been meaning to try this addition. Do you toss the mint in to be processed when blending, or muddle it or somethin?

Also been curious about basil as an alternative. Seems to work good in watermelon salad, but that's a more savory dish I guess, like with feta and balsamic. Perhaps not the best for a sweet/refreshing drink?

I think I just need to have a test kitchen day :)

+1 been meaning to try this addition. Do you toss the mint in to be processed when blending, or muddle it or somethin?

Also been curious about basil as an alternative. Seems to work good in watermelon salad, but that's a more savory dish I guess, like with feta and balsamic. Perhaps not the best for a sweet/refreshing drink?

I just chop it, give it a smack and toss her in to the blender.

I'm not a fan of plain water, but I have to drink a bit if I'm outside a lot for work or out trying to walk/ jog off a few dozen pounds. So this past week I've been squeezing juice from half a fresh lemon or lime into a ~16 oz glass of cold water, and adding a small pinch of salt. Low-cal Gatorade :O

Basil would work, perhaps mint and basil?

Watermelon and ginger is a good combination too.

I'm not a fan of plain water, but I have to drink a bit if I'm outside a lot for work or out trying to walk/ jog off a few dozen pounds. So this past week I've been squeezing juice from half a fresh lemon or lime into a ~16 oz glass of cold water, and adding a small pinch of salt. Low-cal Gatorade :O

my nutritionist friends are always harping on water with a squeeze of lime/lemon. good for you WB!!

i worry about all the sugar in drinks and juices. you never think about it, like you think about food. (i didnt) i know a lady that thinks her daily coffee carmel vanilla blend thing is a regular cup of coffee. she will go around saying.."i'm so hungry..all i had was coffee today"

okay..

From a dental standpoint, avoid constantly drinking or sipping water with lemon/lime juice. Causes some pretty nasty cavities. Anyways, I'm an ice water/cold brewed tea kind of guy during the summer.

Ice water or soda/seltzer (always forget which is which) with ice and lemon/lime, ginger syrup, mint or combinations thereof. Still too much Coke zero but I am almost off it... Later in the evenings it can switch to gin tonic or a cheap white wine with tonic and lemon. Or a beer or two...

Stefan

Jamaica for me. Hibiscus flower tea, lime juice, cane syrup and ice. Also called sorrel. Very refreshing. I also love lightly sweetened jasmine iced tea. Drink it all day long.

Smirnoff Ice!

Just kidding.

Beer, bourbon, been trying to find an alcoholic cider that I like.............most of them are too sweet, yet still not too bad with some ice.

Oh wait, the OP said healthy.....well it's good for my mental health.

Nothing quite as thirst quenching as cold water. During the summer I turn to all kinds of beer. My "cocktail" is Grey Goose and tonic with a lot of ice and a bit of lime. At night it's usually a dram of The Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve.

Just Indian tonic water. Oh and a large quantity of gin. In a pint glass with ice, mint and lemon. Damn now I'm craving summer, bloody cold in my part of the world!

Bombay Saffire or tanqueray are nice gin, don't have to many . Bit of a depressing but a good starter

Any Belgian Saison beer while cooking, with dinner a red wine properly chilled. Oddly enough not a huge fan of cab's but love my zin's, pinot's and syrah's

Another shout for gin and tonic here. Bombay or Hendricks with cucumber.

Or a crisp white or chilled red with meals. We get through a disturbing amount of Beaujolais in my house through the summer.

it is so hot ! i want to make cool and special drinking for my family to relieving summer heat . any good suggestions ? i hope it is healthy and delicious .
thank you

You cannot go wrong with an Arnold Palmer!

Back