Pimp My Victorinox 2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
Please, read this first. :sad0:

I made it as I did not to make this rubbish knife feel better. It will stay shite until forever, but somehow the woodwork makes me calm and meditative, just like sharpening.

The purpose was one, practising handle making and first steel-belt sander contact.
Yeah and after, budda knows how many, years of service previous handle was ugly and stinky
Sanding went wrong and I made few overgrinds while thinning blade road, but basically that is why i even started.

To learn and destroy:viking:

Handle is two cheapest hardwoods I could buy, it costed me around five bucks altogether?

And this way I made 230mm victorinox kiritsuke wa gyuto :tooth:
It even sounds shite :)

100_2732.jpg

100_2731.jpg

100_2729.jpg

100_2728.jpg

100_2725.jpg

100_2724.jpg

Coolest "budget" knife ever!. Really like the profile. FWIW I wouldn't call a Victorinox "shite" - decent stainless, if a little soft, very easy to sharpen. Thin and cut pretty well imo.

Haha. I didn't see that one coming. Cool grind and nice work.

DarKHOeK

Cheers guys,

Oivind, still hanging around TRD for a next 14 days. But counting by the hours:)
The performance rose up, unfortunately I havent finished sides with fine papers yet so it catches food more than normally which drives me nuts.
Other than that I sharpened it including jnat from Maksim and my grandfather and it definitely was sharp.

Tim, unfortunately I call it shite because I like sharp, but I like even more when sharp sticks with me :) And I cannot say really sharp edge stays on Victorinox, which would be nice since I am crazy about it and only laser-sharp will do.

I meant I sharpened it with stone my grandpapps owned, not on him :D

Nice job, dude! I would buy a knife that looked like that, haha! Excellent.

Could one of these be heat treated to a higher level? What is the steel, anyway?

So how hard could it get? (she asked)

Looks Good!!! I hope you had fun with the project.

Looks nice! Helluva lot nicer than a stock Victorinox ;)

Nice job. Those knives are ugly in their original form, but they are not completely horrible. Hell of a lot better than what is in many people's knife rack.

Thanks again guys!
Johndoughy I tried to thin mostly from like 2cm downwards, but i took some from upper part especially around the tip, which is quite thin now, but I thought some extra weight qould help, its too blade-light anyways
TK, its for sale now, with the AMAZING DRAMATIC offer of knife plus three-legged-sauce-stirrer for only 399.99. You get bonus of half price off on your next purchase.
Terms and conditions apply. :D

I quite like the steel, its taking hell of an edge, but hold it for like next to notime. Would be fun to harden it, if I had any clue of how.

Back