rag on foh thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
11709713_10153482933044429_3386050459082707596_n.jpg

I feel like somewhere in the universe there is a dishwasher forum where they rag on cooks who complain about long hours and low pay :) Don't get me wrong, I've worn most hats in a restaurant and think FOH make out like relative bandits to the rest

I feel like somewhere in the universe there is a dishwasher forum where they rag on cooks who complain about long hours and low pay :) Don't get me wrong, I've worn most hats in a restaurant and think FOH make out like relative bandits to the rest

Ive done dishwaser many moons ago. Its a ****** gig. Waiter wasnt bad though, most days i out made the cooks.

Foh= instant complaining as soon as they come through the doors. Idk if they even realize it. Granted, cooks complain also but those need to be disposed of

I can’t see the graphic in 🐼 oriiginal post. And while I get the context of the thread I’m suffering massive FOMO without the graphic. Somebody pls help me.

FOH is notorious for giving us a “last call” at the end of night only to ring in another 5 top 10 minutes later. I get paid by the hour so I don’t really care but jeez how hard is it to make sure no more orders are coming back?

Get a ticket. Fire ticket as printed. Waitress comes running in to tell expo it’s entered wrong. Begin refire. Look at ticket - notice it’s her shift meal. “You rang in your own f_____g food wrong??”

I’m not surprised by that...I am surprised that mgmt lets servers ring in their own tickets.

One I see all the time - function 2nd course food takes 20 mins to cook, FOH tells us they will be ready for next course in 5 mins...

Get a ticket. Fire ticket as printed. Waitress comes running in to tell expo it’s entered wrong. Begin refire. Look at ticket - notice it’s her shift meal. “You rang in your own f_____g food wrong??”

She changed her mind on what she wanted to eat after punching it through, 100%.

The best of the FOH is when they have to clear the beer taps at the bar, many many free pints of beer come to us in the BOH and all animosity is forgotten.

i once made the employee meal that was rung in middle of rush, when she came to pick it up she complained that it took so long so i took the plate waved it in her face and threw it straight into the trash. i took her out for drinks later that night :D

When they punch in an order with modifications typed in using stupid made up abbreviations that nobody can understand because they don’t have time to type in the whole word. Then we have to wait 10 minutes for them to come around and explain it before we can fire the bill.

When they punch in an order with modifications typed in using stupid made up abbreviations that nobody can understand because they don’t have time to type in the whole word. Then we have to wait 10 minutes for them to come around and explain it before we can fire the bill.
No on
Add ch
Hot
No glu
Veg
*See server

Back