• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(from EU) Fujiwara FKM stainless 150mm honesuki (right handed)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

for same is my Fujiwara FKM honesuki that I got about a year ago from JCK.

The knife:
The knife is made from medium hardness stainless steel (about HRC58). This means its edge holding is average (for a Japanese knife, still beats the german stuff), but makes is basically impossible to chip. Sharpening is rather easy too. I have used the knife to debone chicken and break down a lab rack and such. I did hit a bone here and then and the knife never chipped on me. It is a simple, well done, no nonsense honesuki with western handle. The blade has common asymmetrical grind at around 95/5, give or take. It took me a while to learn how to sharpen it properly, but I did manage to put a shaving edge on it.

Dimensions:
- heel to tip: 145 mm
- height at the heel: 38 mm
- width of spine at heel: 2.7 mm
- width of spine at middle: 2.6mm
- width of spine 1cm from the tip: 1.4 mm
- weight: 173 g

Condition:
This knife has seen rather little use (say about 2-3 times a month). I have sharpened it about 4 times. it shows light scratches here and there and is overal in a very good condition.

Price:

$40 (35€) + shipping

Shipping:
Since this knife is not too large and inexpensive it can be shipped as a letter (though without insurance) for less than 5€ anywhere in the world. Please ask fo more exact quote if interested.

Payment:
Money transfer or PayPal.

Please note:
- If you have any questions, just reply to this thread.
- When you write me a PM please specify the knife - I am selling multiple items at the moment
- Please no trades

Now for some photos:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back