New knife collector

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are some common quality woods that you see on high end custom knives? I am a huge fan of musical instruments and understand the wood selection when building instruments. I would love to learn more about the woods associated with custom knife making.

You should also enjoy the craftsmanship of beautiful custom made handles on your knives. (I know a guy that sells chunks of wood...)

What does a single chunk of wood normally cost? I am sure it depends on the type of wood, but lets say a rosewood or walnut?

There are two excellent wood vendors that support this site. Dream Burls is one of them. Burl Source is the other. (See vendors list) Their sites will provide more info.

Wood selection is endless. Koa, Ironwood, Maple, Teak are some of my favorites.

There are two excellent wood vendors that support this site. Dream Burls is one of them. Burl Source is the other. (See vendors list) Their sites will provide more info.

Wood selection is endless. Koa, Ironwood, Maple, Teak are some of my favorites.

I love this, I could really get into it. Thank you, and I will contact those vendors to fulfill my curiosity.

Back