Latest Blade

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
Trying a new profile.

IMG_2562.jpg

Looks like a nice profile. Kinda Fowler/Ealy-esque... What are the dimensions?

The bolster needs work, it's too big. The handle looks uncomfortable. :tease:

That looks like an exciting development! More pics please!

205mm edge and 50mm at heel. I'm trying a lost wax bolster in nickel silver that has no nickel nor silver. My intent is a wa/yo handle.
Thanks for the input Eamon, I shall take it under consideration and maybe ease the edges a scotch.

I like the bolster with the straight slot screws.
Gives it kind of an industrial steam punk look.
Not to sure about the handle though.
Looks uncomfortable. Are you supposed to rest your pinky in the hole at the end?

LMAO. But seriously, nice shape. Now you finish up that hand sanding young man, or no TV for you!!!

I may even use a hunk of your stuff in the handle! If you behave!

Now that looks promising! Nice, Spike!

I may even use a hunk of your stuff in the handle! If you behave!

I'll try, but no promises.
By the way, the sunglasses you are wearing in your avatar photo make your nose look big.

Its cool Spike watching your skills progress! Looking forward to the final photos.

I'll try, but no promises.
By the way, the sunglasses you are wearing in your avatar photo make your nose look big.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Spike, that looks great! Will be looking forward to seeing progression on this! Dont mind Mark....That's what happens when you talk to wood all day long :D

Thanks for all the encouraging comments, everyone!
And Mark, it's just the camera angle that makes my nose look big!

OK, enough teasing.
I like the profile of the knife and look forward to seeing the next steps as it progresses.
Looks like this is going to be a really nice knife.

Looks very useful. Love the shape of the heel. Is that a clay coating or anti scale?

It's O1. I figure that I should stick with one steel for a while.

It's mostly ground, but is on hold while I make another knife for an order.

Done!
I carved the bolster out of wax and cast it in a nickel silver like alloy that has no nickel nor silver, and the wood is Burl Source stabilized spalted maple burl.

IMG_2584.JPG

Thanks! A botanist friend of mine wanted to know what species of maple it was, alas I did not know. Mark?

Back