Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant!

Rant!

I never let myself run out of bandsaw blades - I learned this lesson the hard way - so when I install my last blade into the machine I order more. This worked OK in the past until 2 weeks ago when I screwed up the last blade I had just installed through a stupid move. Now I was out of blades and needed one real bad.

So being that it was a Thursday afternoon I knew I had to get one over-nighted to me or I'd be without for the weekend. I searched the internet for a company who carried my size and could also get it to me the next day. The only source I found was MSC who is nearly twice as expensive but they offered next day delivery at no charge (some free upgrade thing they do) so I went with this. Late Friday afternoon the UPS man drops off my new blade.

Sat morning comes and I go to install it and guess what? Yeah - it doesn't fit - it's too damn small and ain't going on no matter what!

So I go back to the internet and go with my tried and trusted source that I've been using and order up two blades but I have no next day option with these folks, it's wait and wait and wait. Finally the new blades arrive yesterday afternoon and I rip the box open and go to install a new blade and guess what? Yeah - it doesn't fit - except this time it's too big by a long shot.

Too different vendors, same exact size blade ordered, same manufacturer (Lenox) supplied, one is too small and the other too big.....what are the chances of this?

So here I sit (again) with no damn bandsaw blade going into week #3.

With your luck, I would suggest not ordering any new pairs of pants or shoes online either. But that sucks. Was it a vendor mistake or manufacturer mistake?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I guess you have to reorder when you're down to two...

Just fire up the jig saw! Or get some aerobic with a hacksaw.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

You need to order from Goldilocks Supply.

I guess that I'll have to go down to Sears tomorrow and buy 4 of those crap ass carbon steel blades they stock so that I can keep moving while I wait for decent replacements to show...argh

Blade cost $$ tied up so far - $190

By tomorrow - ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I guess that I'll have to go down to Sears tomorrow and buy 4 of those crap ass carbon steel blades they stock so that I can keep moving while I wait for decent replacements to show...argh

Blade cost $$ tied up so far - $190

By tomorrow - ???
    Dave,
    buy carbide tipped blade next time, Lenox brand. I use these for months on end and I cut everything. I will send you info where I get mine. Carbon blades last me about 20 cuts. Bimetal maybe 50. Carbide tipped - about 4-6 months, but get all the juice out of each. I pay about $75 for 6' blade.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I've been using the bi-metal Lenox but I'm always willing to upgrade.....of course right now even a sh*t ass carbon blade would be great to have. Yes please Marko send the info.

Dave, time to get back to your roots. Go for the coping saw and a hacksaw...

Oh boy, I chickened out on the carbon tipped ones because I only have small blocks to cut. But I went with the bi-metal. We will see where that takes me. Next time in the shop it's cutting time

Stefan