Quantcast
Rant! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant!

Only 2 blades? Time to reorder or you'll be posting in this thread again a week from now!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Only 2 blades? Time to reorder or you'll be posting in this thread again a week from now!
    LOL but I also have two other companies sending 2 each as well so I might end up with 6 good ones......hopefully.

You dont mention what size blades you are using, But here is a company that I have been buying from and head great sucess. The blades seem to hold up much longer than the starrett and Noresman blades Ive been using, as well as being much cheaper if you buy 10 at a time. They will mix TPI if needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190475895215...84.m1439.l2649

God Bless
    Mike

It's 89 1/2"

Thanks for the tip Mike

OK I'm back to rant again!

Since I received my new blades (after waiting what - 4 weeks) I've killed so many blocks of wood with buckling.

I've tried every trick sent to me as well as changed blades and made adjustments, I've gone slow - I've gone fast and yet every other block I cut in half I watch the scales buckle. It's 75% to the outside but the inside buckles as well.

This woodworking is for the birds - give me steel anyday of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    OK I'm back to rant again!

Since I received my new blades (after waiting what - 4 weeks) I've killed so many blocks of wood with buckling.

I've tried every trick sent to me as well as changed blades and made adjustments, I've gone slow - I've gone fast and yet every other block I cut in half I watch the scales buckle. It's 75% to the outside but the inside buckles as well.

This woodworking is for the birds - give me steel anyday of the week!
    Maybe time to replace your bandsaw with an older US-made one? Delta comes to mind. You can pick one up for a couple of hundred of bucks locally, I bet.

Send me your wood and I will resaw it for you. 50 cuts? No problem.

I love my Shopsmith bandsaw with Lenox carbide blade. Smoothest cut ever.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Get yerself a nice backsaw and cut them by hand.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Dave, you may just want to go for a better band saw. Nearly two years ago I had issues much like yours, then I gave up and got a Powematic, problem solved. As far as modern tools go, this saw performs like the old green machines did back in shop class but with much better tracking and a very useful tensionnng system. Mine cuts true and is very simple to adjust both the table and fence. Just my .02

I'm so not wanting to hear the get a better saw suggestion but I can't ignore that this would likely solve some (or all) my problems.

Dave,
    Rule number one - buy best equipment you can afford.
    Rule number two - buy US made equipment, even it it's 20-50 years old, as long as it is in working order and good condition. You won't regret it.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread