Quantcast
Fresh WASABI. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fresh WASABI.

This place has dry aged beef, prime cuts of all the major high end steaks, wagyu/kobe beef, plus duck, other fowl and oddball stuff like gator all on a regular basis.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I've been jonesing for some genuine fresh wasabi for a while... I'm tired of the powder... need to do some searching... nice catch!

Nice!!!! Catering to the silk stocking trade, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    This place has dry aged beef, prime cuts of all the major high end steaks, wagyu/kobe beef, plus duck, other fowl and oddball stuff like gator all on a regular basis.

I was going to ask if the powder is actually the real thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Customfan View Post
    I've been jonesing for some genuine fresh wasabi for a while... I'm tired of the powder... need to do some searching... nice catch!

No the powder is not the real thing it more mustard flour with food dye . there is some that come in tubes that have some in it .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

I am lucky to have a grocery nearby called Central Market, they sell pretty much every gourmet(and staple) food ever eaten, at some point in the year, at a reasonable price. I have tried so much new food and drinks because of Central Market. One time, they had Kobe Wagyu bottom round, for less than $10 a pound. Cleanest roast flavor ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    I was going to ask if the powder is actually the real thing?
    the dry powder wasabi is not made from wasabi, but from dried horseradish and dye. Does not come close to the real deal because the cultivation of wasabi is relatively costly and difficult to produce on a large scale.

Don't forget the turmeric and spirulina!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I pulled my little tube of Tsunami brand wasabi-like substance out of the fridge and the label says that it actually contains some wasabi.........and about 10 other ingredients.

I just went to Mitsuwa. I couldn't find it so I asked a young dude working there. He gave me a wierd looks and said "You mean the root? That's EXPENSIVE! Like $100/lbs." When I gave him the "no ****, Sherlock" look, he added, "We used to carry it but nobody bought it." So, I asked one of the sushi ladies. She pointed to the green paste and shrugged... It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

+ Reply to Thread