Couple of yard sale finds, cleavers and machete

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igojuone

Reaction score
First up is a Collins machete, haven't found any info about its history yet. Blade is 14 ½ inches and OAL is 21 ¾ inches.

Second up is a Henry Boker cleaver, again I haven't been able to get any history or value on this piece either. Blade edge length of 9 inches and OAL of 16 ⅝ inches.

And lastly is a W.M. Beatty & Son cleaver which I have gotten lots of info on but I thought I would share it with everyone. Blade on this one is 8 inches and OAL of 14 ¾ inches. This one cost me $2

If anyone has history info or value I will appreciate it.

nice finds. I like the cleavers. Have yet to find a deal on one that I like, so I keep a casual eye out for a nice old cleaver. You got some cool ones.

Thanks for the input, I'll try to look up Sudsy and check out the link provided.

Hope you guys don't mind as this forum seems to be more kitchen knives as the name of the forum would suggest but I was out at a few yard sales this afternoon and picked up 3 "hunting" knives and I thought I would share with everyone.

Starting from the left is a Case XX made in the USA, Centre is a William Rodgers(more markings under this but can make them out) made in Sheffield England and on the right is ERN made in Solingen Germany

cool hunting knives. Those look pretty old. A little cleaning up and they will be ready for the field once again.

Back