Charcuterie Saturday

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good!

040.jpg

Nice, little allspice in there.

It turned out splendidly. I cured it specifically for a party where it was used in carbonara. It was so good, that one of the guests, a vegetarian under normal circumstances, actually ate the dish and went back for seconds.

Great artisinal food Miles, and I'm so jealous of that knife too (I wish they still made the wa version).

It turned out splendidly. I cured it specifically for a party where it was used in carbonara. It was so good, that one of the guests, a vegetarian under normal circumstances, actually ate the dish and went back for seconds.

You mean "vegetarian when it's convenient."

Looks delicious. What was the aging time on that?

Thanks guys. It was cured for roughly ten days before I tied it. After that, I hung it for three weeks.

I'm fortunate to have both the 270 wa suji and wa gyutou. They're both really sweet knives, although I did a fair bit of thinning on the gyutou to tweak it to my preferences. It's probably my favorite Hiromoto, but the suji comes in a close second. My collection pales in comparision to DC's (as do most) but I do have a few Hiromotos.

As for the vegetarian guest, she told the hostess that she'd have a little bit, just to be polite, but apparently decided to be extraordinarily polite after tasting it. Truthfully, we were ALL extraordinarily polite that night. :laugh:

Back