• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(from EU) Spyderco Calypso Jr. burgundy zdp-189

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I have just bough small Sebenza 21 I am selling my Spyderco Calypso Jr with burgundy FRN handle and ZDP-189 blade. This knife was a limited run (Spyderco calls these "Sprint") and is not easy to find today. In fact - it took me around 6 months to find one.

The Knife:
The knife has 73mm long blade with cutting edge of 64mm. It weights only 55g - great for an EDC. it has no liners, but the the FRN scales hold the blade safely. The blade is ZDP-189 clad in 420J2 stainless steel.

Condition:
I have carried the knife mostly in my bag. There are slight signs of use on the blade. The blade has no play in any direction, the lock works properly. The handle looks like new (FRN is actually a really great handle material). In total - the knife is in very good condition, but is not 'mint' or 'like new'. It is a great user, but not a collectors item. The blade was sharpened 2 or 3 times with Spyderco Sharpmaker under 30 deg. The blade is rather thin behind the edge bevel - this knife slices well.

Price:
$150 (135€) or best offer + shipping

Shipping:
If you do not require insurance, than the knife can be shipped for just few € worldwide as a letter. Otherwise insured shipping is 7€ in Germany and 14€ within EU. For insured shipping outside EU please just ask

Payment:
Money transfer or PayPal.

Please note:
- If you have any questions, just reply to this thread.
- When you write me a PM please specify the knife - I am selling multiple items at the moment
- Please no trades

Now for some photos:

The traces on the blade are from scotch tape (from cutting cardboard boxes) - I will clean them off before shipping.

The same scotch tape residuum from different angle

In my not too large hand

sold.

Info for buyer: Your PM box is full, the knife will be shipped within next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back