Quantcast
CAST IRON GRISWOLD - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: CAST IRON GRISWOLD

  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Top of Georgia
    Posts
    1,218
    Article on cast iron I was referring to::

    http://www.cookingissues.com/2010/02...ing/#more-3385

    -AJ

  2. #22
    Senior Member Talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Article on cast iron I was referring to::

    http://www.cookingissues.com/2010/02...ing/#more-3385

    -AJ
    thanks for sharing AJ !

  3. #23
    Senior Member Johnny.B.Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,952
    Thanks for the article AJ. I have been tempted to dump my Lodge cast iron in favor of a vintage Griswold from eBay, but perhaps I will keep working with it for a bit.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Thanks for the article AJ. I have been tempted to dump my Lodge cast iron in favor of a vintage Griswold from eBay, but perhaps I will keep working with it for a bit.
    If you do decide to go that route, im well acquainted with a few members of a cast iron cookware club. I can point you to better deals than ebay

    -Talal

  5. #25
    Tabal, any availability for quality, 12" Skillet? Nice seasoning would be a big plus

  6. #26
    Senior Member Talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    Tabal, any availability for quality, 12" Skillet? Nice seasoning would be a big plus
    They go by # usually. here is the chart

    http://www.panman.com/sizecharts.html

    let me know what # you are interested in and with or without a lid and ill hunt around for you.

    PS: that #9 did not look like that initially, that took alot of TLC and Coconut oil!! lol

  7. #27
    Senior Member Johnny.B.Good's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    If you do decide to go that route, im well acquainted with a few members of a cast iron cookware club. I can point you to better deals than ebay
    Thanks Talal. I may take you up on your generous offer one of these days. Looks like one could spend a pretty penny for a "good" one on eBay.

  8. #28
    Senior Member DwarvenChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central CA
    Posts
    792
    I have my Grandmothers #8 griswald pan, been tryng to get a lid for it for years. To cheap to pay shipping from Ebite...

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    They go by # usually. here is the chart

    http://www.panman.com/sizecharts.html

    let me know what # you are interested in and with or without a lid and ill hunt around for you.

    PS: that #9 did not look like that initially, that took alot of TLC and Coconut oil!! lol
    Thanka

    #9 #10 or #11 sounds great. don't need a lip just would like a nice condition and have nice seasoning. thanks in advance

  10. #30
    Senior Member Talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Thanks Talal. I may take you up on your generous offer one of these days. Looks like one could spend a pretty penny for a "good" one on eBay.
    yea the ebay ones are almost double the price.

    Griswold addiction is very dangerous .. and highly contagious ..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •