Quantcast
CAST IRON GRISWOLD - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CAST IRON GRISWOLD

Griswold made all sort of waffle irons but for the home the 8-9 inch high or low base from $100-$150 or if you can find cheaper not cleaned . the high base is mostly for wood fire or coal and the low base for gas or electric.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

thanks Steeley!

Seen a few of these around but none of them in usable condition. I've got my eye out for one

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    Seen a few of these around but none of them in usable condition. I've got my eye out for one
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/11506024...Fad_QgodhScAiw

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    Griswold made all sort of waffle irons but for the home the 8-9 inch high or low base from $100-$150 or if you can find cheaper not cleaned . the high base is mostly for wood fire or coal and the low base for gas or electric.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Mine is just like the one on top, except not as pretty and black, but perfectly usable. I picked it up for $45. Sounds like I did alright!

Anyone have any good waffle recipes?

Griswold enthusiast may also want to check out the Erie series pans. Erie's are also Griswolds and were made from 1880-1907 and predate the Griswold name but are basically the same company. Around 1907 the Erie style pans and name were discontinued in favor of the Griswold brand and changes were made that produced pans that were heavier but more predicable and less prone to cracking if dropped. These earlier Erie pans are significantly lighter and beautifully cast with lots of character and even maker's marks. On ebay this style of pan is often described as having a "heat ring". I put up a long post about them here post #20 :http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ast-iron/page2 (actually it was way too long but in my defense I am new to this): BTW those waffle irons look beautiful