• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mert Tansu's 235MM Chef Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1P

Reaction score
I am selling this knife only because I am getting another one from Mert. Knife is 2 months old, been sharpened once. The AEB-L has great edge retention, had to sharpen it only after 1.5 month use in a pro kitchen. Edge kept coming back stropped on felt and 1 micron diamond spray.

I have had a couple other knives in AEB-L and this one has the best retention.

Here are the specs:

235mm workhorse gyuto in AebL
Asymetric grind for right handed use
Handle : western , ringed gidgee and brass
50mm tall at the heel , 2.80mm at the spine , 235grams

Knife has everything I like in a chef knife; tall at heel, thick spine, forward heft, stiff, thin at the edge and tip. Food separation is outstanding and very minimal wedging. I have average sized hand and handle is very comfortable to use.

His wait list is getting longer by the day, this is your chance to jump the queue. As an added piece of mind, Mert will continue to offer his after sales service to the new owner. That means he will provide maintenance on the knife, provided that shipping to him and back is accounted for.

Price is $500, Paypal fee and shipping included.

67AEA233-EB65-48BE-9AAF-9D08D56BC8CE.jpg

CB5606EC-A55C-4D19-B651-F33AF7573C72.jpg

0AD9B235-5B91-41E5-8882-AD418643F4F5.jpg

85E8BD1D-1271-40D2-BC1B-22670A89C2EA.jpg

F06415DF-FC1D-47D9-A726-F8EF68A6B7BC_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My mistake, the knife is 235mm, I don't know why I kept writing 225mm.

Does the knife have a distal taper?

Yes, of course it has distal taper. Thickness at the heel is 2.8mm and I will get back to you on tip measurement after I contact the maker.

Thank you.

Distal taper measurements :

heel 2.85mm , mid blade 2.6mm , 1 inch before tip 1.93mm , 1 cm before tip .88mm

I have a couple of Mert's knives in my rotation, one very similar to this one, and they (and Mert) are in my top two knives/makers!!! GLWS!!! :bladesmith:

I have a couple of Mert's knives in my rotation, one very similar to this one, and they (and Mert) are in my top two knives/makers!!! GLWS!!! :bladesmith:

I agree with you, Chef. I am selling this to get another one of his [emoji6]

Despite having one of Mert's 240mm I would get this one as well, but don't have any funds unfortunately. These knives are good performers and very well made. Mert is relatively new comer in the kitchen makers squad, but being a professional chef himself, he knows how good knows should be made.

GLWS. I'm sure that whoever ended up having this knife is gonna be a happy camper.

… also his western handles are among the most comfortable handles I've tried.

Despite having one of Mert's 240mm I would get this one as well, but don't have any funds unfortunately. These knives are good performers and very well made. Mert is relatively new comer in the kitchen makers squad, but being a professional chef himself, he knows how good knows should be made.

GLWS. I'm sure that whoever ended up having this knife is gonna be a happy camper.

… also his western handles are among the most comfortable handles I've tried.

Buddy, I think your kind words just helped me sell this knife [emoji6]

This knife is sold.

If I didn't already have one in the works w/ Mert I would have probably given this one a shot

Back