Japanese Knives Sakai Hamono Dento Kougei-Shi Sharpening Demo 8/21/15 at JKI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Some very cool news... we've got a certified Sakai Hamono Dento Kougei-Shi coming to do a sharpening demo... Friday, August 21st

Click here for more info and to reserve tickets. The tickets are free, but the number of spaces are limited (50 spaces total).
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sakai-hamono-dento-kougei-shi-sharpening-demo-tickets-17911873897

We may also try to livesteam the entire event, but not 100% sure about that.

Just thought you guys might want to know...

-Jon

yeah... its more a function of time and ability rather than desire... i want to do it... i'm just not sure how possible it will be.

for what its worth, we're 25% sold out already... if you're in LA and want to attend this, probably better to get tickets sooner rather than later

There's a Sakai family in Sakai? That's confusing, hopefully they're different kanji...

i think you misunderstood... they arent the sakai family, but he is a second generation sharpeners within sakai. His name is Morimoto-san.

Right... I noticed his name after writing my comment. I'm confused because usually X Hamono is the name of a maker, as in Ashi Hamono.

Will you be able to record if you're not able to live stream?

It would be amazing if you are able to live stream or record this, Jon.

Yes, a recording or live stream would be brilliant for us antipodeans..

Back