Rate that choil...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thicker spine but I like that. Is that your pic, because that is what I would like to rate. The pic gets a 13 out of 10. Choil shot perfection.

Thicker spine but I like that. Is that your pic, because that is what I would like to rate. The pic gets a 13 out of 10. Choil shot perfection.
Nah it's bluewayjapan I think. They get a decent one every now and again. If you click that one it's fairly high res. I don't own anything that takes pictures :scared4:

I like the thick spines too.

The knife above is like a 240 clone of the Tadafusa Nashiji Blue #2 knives, down to the handle.

Thicker spines are the way to go! Not a big fan of lasers because it's too light for me

Thicker spines are the way to go! Not a big fan of lasers because it's too light for me

If you like a butt weighted balance try a laser with a nice piece of Ironwood as the handle. That should heavy it up for you.

i have one of those on the way, should arrive in a few days.

i have one of those on the way, should arrive in a few days.

hope you keep us informed... is there any chance of posting some pictures and a few sentences on Mssr Forum too, or won't you do that due to the "north-korean" mods and the "no ebay knives" policy?

Last edited by a moderator:
berko let us know what you think once you've had a few days to play with it?

The BTE looks great, but the other pics of it make it look a bit rough. Good price, though.

The knife above is like a 240 clone of the Tadafusa Nashiji Blue #2 knives, down to the handle.

Yeah man, looks just like the 210 Tadafusa Nashiji I got last week for a project (choil shot is on Show Your Newest Knife Buy Forum). I swear by that knife, real pleasant surprise. Hands down the best sub $100 gyuto out there, hammered that thing at work for two days and didn't even need a hone. The 210 Tad is pretty hefty (in a good way), check pic of the spine by the ferrule, a 240 has to be a Bomber.

Yeah man, looks just like the 210 Tadafusa Nashiji I got last week for a project (choil shot is on Show Your Newest Knife Buy Forum). I swear by that knife, real pleasant surprise. Hands down the best sub $100 gyuto out there, hammered that thing at work for two days and didn't even need a hone. The 210 Tad is pretty hefty (in a good way), check pic of the spine by the ferrule, a 240 has to be a Bomber.
seems to be ichimonji kichikuni that makes this one (but I suspect they're all OEM...) I know tadafusa has a good solid reputation, just not so sure about Sakai Ichimonji. How do you find the retention is? Must be pretty good considering what I've seen of your collection ;) The poor CAD makes it just over 105 for us but still quite good and once the exchange rate calms down we should be able to ship it for under 100... Just have to wait -_-

seems to be ichimonji kichikuni that makes this one (but I suspect they're all OEM...) I know tadafusa has a good solid reputation, just not so sure about Sakai Ichimonji. How do you find the retention is? Must be pretty good considering what I've seen of your collection ;) The poor CAD makes it just over 105 for us but still quite good and once the exchange rate calms down we should be able to ship it for under 100... Just have to wait -_-

Ha exchange rate calming down, I feel that's not likely too soon. Though I have been considering the Sakai ichimonji for a while. Looks like a fantastic knife for the price.

Ha exchange rate calming down, I feel that's not likely too soon. Though I have been considering the Sakai ichimonji for a while. Looks like a fantastic knife for the price.
It's a toss up for me between that and a masakage yuki 240 right now... kinda gave up on my dream of getting a hiromoto AS with martell handle. Beginning to favour the wa handles and thick spines... :spiteful:

1.35?! **** my stars :dazed:

Ichimonji makes a nice looking shirogami knife that has some kinda (not sure if stainless) cladding on it- the choil shot looked pretty good on that one too.

the knife arrived yesterday, till now i like it pretty much. distal taper is better then i hoped, the upgraded handle is a lil big for my taste, but obviously a lot better then the original ones tadafusa use. made a few pics:

i already had the chance to use the tadafusa santoku of a coworker for a few days, and know that the steel holds the edge for a really good time. i recently sold a 240 tanaka blue II, think im gonna keep this one tho.

the knife arrived yesterday, till now i like it pretty much. distal taper is better then i hoped, the upgraded handle is a lil big for my taste, but obviously a lot better then the original ones tadafusa use. made a few pics:

i already had the chance to use the tadafusa santoku of a coworker for a few days, and know that the steel holds the edge for a really good time. i recently sold a 240 tanaka blue II, think im gonna keep this one tho.

Woo! That tip actually is ground pretty thin huh? Looks like a good knife. Not sure that the hou wood is all that much of an upgrade-- I think it's probably less durable than the tadafusa handle. at any rate good to see the pics! Thanks friend. :wink:

I just stated a thread about this dilemma Ichimonji Kichikuni Blue vs Masakage Yuki.
What did you get in the end?

It's a toss up for me between that and a masakage yuki 240 right now... kinda gave up on my dream of getting a hiromoto AS with martell handle. Beginning to favour the wa handles and thick spines... :spiteful:

1.35?! **** my stars :dazed:

Ichimonji makes a nice looking shirogami knife that has some kinda (not sure if stainless) cladding on it- the choil shot looked pretty good on that one too.

Back