Chicken stomach

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTGolden

Reaction score
I work on a farm part time. We have a bunch of 4 year old hens we are about to slaughter and butcher to cook for a little supper club that me and some friends have. I am serving 32 people.

Has anyone ever used a chicken stomach or intestine? Is it edible? I kinda wanna make little haggises or something.

Ha, thanks in advance

Chicken stomach can actually be delicious when cleaned properly. I gently scrubbed them with soft toothbrush in iced water and then blanched for 15 seconds then into ice bath. Repeated three times then pat dry and cooled so that I could julienne them thin and dredge in cornmeal and corn starch. Nice bar snack especially topped with furikake .

Ah sounds nice. You think they would hold up to being stuffed and boiled?

Do you have any plans for the hearts? If not, roll them in parmesan and breadcrumbs and fry in olive oil. Great little snack.

As a Chinese, pretty much everything on the chicken is eaten. So heart, gizzard, liver, intestine are all good eating. If I can get it, hearts, gizzards, liver are often braised in master sauce. Intestine can be used for hot pot or stir fried. You can also make some really nice yakitori skews with them... Getting hungry just thinking about that...

Back