D. Martell For Sale - 240mm Martell Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
I really like how this one turned out, might even be my best gyuto ever. :happymug:

Stats

Length - 240mm

Steel - O1

Hardness - Rc60-61

Handle Style - Hidden tang western

Handle Materials - Dyed maple burl, buffalo horn, nickel silver pin & spacer

Price - $600 (shipping included to USA - international to pay actual costs)

I ground this blade to be just about perfect to how I envisioned my gyutos to be when I first started - this one is the closest for sure in that regard - I couldn't be happier with this.

The maple burl is simply - magnificent! The pictures almost make it look bad, that's how nice it is. I got lucky with the buffalo on this one too, it's got some light gray wispy streaks in it - awesome! The whole dang thing is awesome....I really like this knife....didn't I say that already? :D

If you're interested in purchasing the knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

P1010003.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010025.JPG

BTW, there will be an equally awesome nakiri available tomorrow. :whistling:

Dammit! I want this!

Beauty Dave! One of these days....

I want it bad, but it's not a good moment for me.

Does anyone else think that this wood looks kinda like buckeye burl? It's like the love child of maple and buckeye or something like that. :D

It does kinda remind me of some buckeye I had on a handle before. If I knew you had stuff like that in your stash I would've thought twice about picking up that box elder burl. The complete package looks great too Dave, if I hadn't bought four western rehandle coupons (and a few new knives to use them) and some beautiful amboyna (not to mention the commitment I made previously for some wa handles from fellow KKF vendors) I'd be in a much better position to act.

At some point I'd like to work on building an "American Set" (if that makes any sense) with various pieces from different makers

Dave, I really should not be contemplating this... but I was wondering about the handle length. Oh and by the way - it is an awesome looking handle!!

Hi Bill, the handle measures in length at 122mm or (a hair over) 4 /34"

Thanks for the compliment!

I saw this post yesterday and literally had no words to express how I felt about this blade. I still can't muster a full sentence about its beauty. I'm just at a loss for words I guess

For anyone on the fence, I had a chance to handle a Martell Gyuto at the 2015 EDC. Out of the hundred or so knives there, Dave's blade was a stand out for me. Id say top five up there with Shig Kateji, Tillman, Scorpion Forge and a Harner camp knife.

Dave made me a 270mm Suji, and it's one of my forever knives.

For anyone on the fence, I had a chance to handle a Martell Gyuto at the 2015 EDC. Out of the hundred or so knives there, Dave's blade was a stand out for me. Id say top five up there with Shig Kateji, Tillman, Scorpion Forge and a Harner camp knife.

Dave made me a 270mm Suji, and it's one of my forever knives.

I'll never sell my Martell.

The checks are in the mail. :thumbsup:

Back