3.5" Parer/Utility Knife Sign Up Sheet

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I will make 10 of these, in both standard and premium materials. AEB-L.

It's going to be pretty stiff, thin at the edge, convex ground knife. Can be used as a parer, or as utility (de-bone a chicken, do some minor cutting on a board).

The cost per standard version is $150 and for a premium version (premium woods, mokume) is $200.

This batch is all octagonal handles.

If interested, reserve your name on the list.

Marko

PS: I am still tweaking a prototype below, but there won't be major changes.

IMG_20150806_133341305.jpg

I am going to do the octagonal 3.5" first and western 2.5" after. Pricing won't be much different for these, as it is almost as much work for 2.5" as for 3.5".

9 are still available in 3.5"

Three of the ten spots are taken, plus two spots are reserved for stainless damascus blades , so only five are remaining.

I'm curious Marko, do you have stainless damascus on hand which can be added as an upgrade; or would we need to purchase damascus directly from Devin and have it sent to you?

I will have the damascus blank on hand. I don't know what pattern that would be yet, though.

Marko

Thank you for the clarification.
In that case, can I change to stainless damascus?

Just for curiosity which will be the price of the damascus? I sent you a PM for the payment

Damascus version will cost $350 and the price will include mokume tip and premium wood (AA+ grade).

The possible patterns are bubblewrap, raindrop, ladder, snakeskin

M

IMG_20150606_180338195_HDR.jpg
Will there be Damascus option for western handle batch as well?

There will be, but for 2.5" parer, probably 2-3 pieces, akin to the one I posted a couple of month ago. The mokume guard will have radius ground in, same as the parer in the picture above.

View attachment 28586

There will be, but for 2.5" parer, probably 2-3 pieces, akin to the one I posted a couple of month ago. The mokume guard will have radius ground in, same as the parer in the picture above.

Upon seeing this I'm going to have to withdraw from this version and wait for the western batch. :(

Upon seeing this I'm going to have to withdraw from this version and wait for the western batch. :(

OK, to make it easier, I will make some Western and some Wa, in 3.5" length. Western will also have an angled tip.

IMG_20150807_153619165.jpg

I am also considering grinding radiuses in the guard on the octagonal handle. I think they offer a better transition (more natural) from pinch to handle grip.

There is a little bit of a distortion in the picture. I will try to take better pictures today. Blade in the relation to the handle looks much narrower.

Marko

Here is the radius on the octagonal handle. I like how it looks and feels.

IMG_20150808_103323834.jpg

IMG_20150808_103807726.jpg

Back