FS- Catcheside Summer oddballs sale!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
Hello all, while I'm busy on commissions no Utility line and monos have been made from me for a while, no time to make them just at the moment! So I have finished up a few that were left behind for one reason or another or have slight visual imperfections.
I will be offering these at a forum only discount over the next couple of weeks.

First up!! 180mm san mai Gyuto
This one slipped through the net as was a tad short for a commission.
It was forged a couple of years ago, it is more in line with my older profile, in san mai of plain steel and blue paper 2.
Nice forging with good thickness entering the handle and a nice taper, super thin at the edge. I have finished it with a chunky utility line handle that fills the hand well.

Blade length - 185mm height 45mm Balance on choil.
Thickness over heel - 4mm

If you are looking for a smaller Gyuto, this will be an excellent workhorse with fine geometry.

I used my old logo in keeping with when it was forged out.

Comes with knife bag and certificate

Pictures...

Price £260 all in, PM me for conformation of availability and paypal details.

Will get pics of the other blades early next week, there is a stainless san mai Suji, two white 1 core san mai Suji and a large damascus/san mai Gyuto coming up.

Thanks All

Will

Nice one Matt, you have a pm with payment details, have a great weekend, sun is out here for a change :)

A couple of special oddballs for you now in San mai/damascus for near the price of mono steel!

First off a stainless san mai Suji, great little line knife size. 230mm 42mm height. About 3.8mm over the heel, zero flex, wicked taper and convex grind. Core steel is 01. Why did this one get put aside - Well I added a few extra layers of contrasting layers next to the core, but got the layers the wrong way round on one side so it just blends with the cladding ;) So the view does not match, but both views are very nice:)

This one is dressed with a maple handle with simple cow horn spacer.

Price is £380 all in.

Next up is a big damascus clad Suji. This was an old blank put aside because there were a few marks in the damascus and the core was slightly off centre. The grind is recent, it is convex for the last half inch and slightly hollow from there to the spine, the marks disappeared during hollow grinding:)

Core material is 01 clad with carbon damascus. Blade is 295mm 45mm height again around 3.8mm over the heel, hollow/convex geometry, see heel shot. The handle is Maple with blue spacer and desert ironwood burl ferrule.

Price on this one is £440 all in

These are both sharp and ready to go as before Pm me for conformation and payment as these are forum only:)

Thanks All

Will

Come on then folks, as these are slight oddballs I can do a little bit more to tempt on the price,
Stainless san mai Suji/line - £360
Big dammy clad Suji - £390

Thats the price of my mono line for damascus/san mai ;)

No mate that's a pound sign £ euro looks like this €

Will, As I will be visiting you with another forum member who is very well known to you shortly, I will take the smaller knife please. San mai suji. I can either pay you BACS if you PM me you account details or pay when we see you in a couple of weeks. Kind regards, Adrian

Ah Adrian, yes certainly, will drop you an email in the morning :) San Mai sold thanks.

Thanks all.... The stainless clad is gone. The big carbon damascus clad is available, £390 for a 300mm Catcheside damascus absolute bargain ;)

That is a bargin indeed. I am just not man enough to handle knife in this size :) I can just imagine how gorgeous it will look once the patina will start to set in ...

Thanks Matus, yep its on the large side :)

Both these ones now sold, Thanks:)

Wheu lucky, I was about to send a pm about this, saved me some money at least!

Back