Quantcast
Ghetto Ramen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghetto Ramen

You lost me at chick peas.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I've never had ramen.

Tonight my snack after work is brown sushi rice (only rice I had left), curry paste, coconut milk, and chick peas.

i used to eat somen at 1am

also, after working in italy, spagetti aglio e oilo hits the spot pretty nice and takes no more than 8-9 minutes start to finish (from scratch)

I often start my day with ramen for breakfast, modified with a handfull of basmati rice, about 10 shakes of crushed red chillies, some sliced ginger, garlic, shallots, chopped celery, cilantro, plus an egg whipped in egg flower style.

And extra soy sauce to make sure I get my minimum daily sodium requirement . I do, however, leave out the Vienna sausage....

Had cappelletti with aglio e oilio with lots of chopped parsley and dried peppers and grated parmigiano reggiano for dinner last night!

James:

HAHAHAQ Ramen! I rock my Ramen cooked in water, then drain, add milk, ground smoked gouda cheese, cayenne pepper, minced garlic and about 1/2 the flavor packet while still on low....melts the cheese and makes for a yummy cheap dinner lol

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Cacio e Pepe is my favorite late night snack. Take your pasta out 1-2 minutes before cook time, toss it into a saute pan with a ladle of the cooking water and some olive oil. Put in LOTS of black pepper, and I mean lots. Add pecorino or parmesan, stir until the cheese melts. Remove the pasta, add more grated cheese on top.

Delicious and takes all of 10 minutes, 3 if you have some leftover pasta lying around.

When I'm too lazy to cook, in vertical order:

grill lid
    Top of hamburger bun
    Fresh herbs from flower box beside grill
    cheese
    bottom of hamburger bun
    grill

I cook it for exactly the amount of time it takes to drink one beer.

The fresh herbs make it classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    HAHAHAQ Ramen! I rock my Ramen cooked in water, then drain, add milk, ground smoked gouda cheese, cayenne pepper, minced garlic and about 1/2 the flavor packet while still on low....melts the cheese and makes for a yummy cheap dinner lol
    Ramen Alfredo!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig