Ghetto Ramen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but after spending half my day in the kitchen i rarely want to cook at home. Solution-fast food or ghetto grub. Today I'll be showcasing ghetto ramen hah. What are some of the odd or wacky things y'all have put together at home?
I won't list the ingredients to this nightmare Ramen as the picture should tell it all. :D

IMAG0316-1.jpg

Less sodium?!?!?!? Are you insane???

Hmm, my kind of ramen. I think I will make some tonight.

Vienna snausages with a bottle of Talisker in the backgound. Classic!!!! What do you do on your night off? Domino's pizza and an bottle of Petrus?:lol2:

Vienna snausages with a bottle of Talisker in the backgound. Classic!!!! What do you do on your night off? Domino's pizza and an bottle of Petrus?:lol2:

Lol, on days off we tour the local drive thru's on our bicycles. After some Talisker of course.

It's too hot for regular ramen, so I use cheap ramen packages to make a cold chinese noodle salad. Cook and chill the noodles, add whatever you want (I like thin strips of cucumber, pickled ginger and bbq pork) then take half the soup powder and mix it with maybe a 1/4 cup of cold water and pour it over everything.

It's too hot for regular ramen, so I use cheap ramen packages to make a cold chinese noodle salad. Cook and chill the noodles, add whatever you want (I like thin strips of cucumber, pickled ginger and bbq pork) then take half the soup powder and mix it with maybe a 1/4 cup of cold water and pour it over everything.

That sounds delicious.
I've had it in a similar way but with a basic slaw added in with slivered almonds and a dressing made from the packet o' flavor.

Ramen is my wifes favorite midnight snack. i never thought of playing with it, now you have given me ideas MUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Del

I've never had ramen.

Tonight my snack after work is brown sushi rice (only rice I had left), curry paste, coconut milk, and chick peas.

i used to eat somen at 1am ;)

also, after working in italy, spagetti aglio e oilo hits the spot pretty nice and takes no more than 8-9 minutes start to finish (from scratch)

I often start my day with ramen for breakfast, modified with a handfull of basmati rice, about 10 shakes of crushed red chillies, some sliced ginger, garlic, shallots, chopped celery, cilantro, plus an egg whipped in egg flower style.

And extra soy sauce to make sure I get my minimum daily sodium requirement :happymug:. I do, however, leave out the Vienna sausage....

Had cappelletti with aglio e oilio with lots of chopped parsley and dried peppers and grated parmigiano reggiano for dinner last night!

James:

HAHAHAQ Ramen! I rock my Ramen cooked in water, then drain, add milk, ground smoked gouda cheese, cayenne pepper, minced garlic and about 1/2 the flavor packet while still on low....melts the cheese and makes for a yummy cheap dinner lol

Cacio e Pepe is my favorite late night snack. Take your pasta out 1-2 minutes before cook time, toss it into a saute pan with a ladle of the cooking water and some olive oil. Put in LOTS of black pepper, and I mean lots. Add pecorino or parmesan, stir until the cheese melts. Remove the pasta, add more grated cheese on top.

Delicious and takes all of 10 minutes, 3 if you have some leftover pasta lying around.

When I'm too lazy to cook, in vertical order:

grill lid
Top of hamburger bun
Fresh herbs from flower box beside grill
cheese
bottom of hamburger bun
grill

I cook it for exactly the amount of time it takes to drink one beer.

The fresh herbs make it classy.

HAHAHAQ Ramen! I rock my Ramen cooked in water, then drain, add milk, ground smoked gouda cheese, cayenne pepper, minced garlic and about 1/2 the flavor packet while still on low....melts the cheese and makes for a yummy cheap dinner lol

Ramen Alfredo!

Back