Like engraved kanji on your blade?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
If so, maybe this knife is for you! (looks like it's a rebrand of the OEM wa-handle hammered damascus AUS-10 knives that you see under different makes)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221541429462

I count twelve different kanji characters on here! So at $98, that's well under $10 per character! :biggrin:

$_57.JPG

13 actually, that brings down the cost per character even more lol

Ah, you are right. The bottom row is three characters (Japan-made) instead of two in my original count and glance-over.

I'm just picturing this poor guy in some factory in Seki engraving all these characters by hand, whereas for some customer clients, the OEM would only have a couple characters to engrave or stamp a logo on there.

I could be wrong, but I think it says:
Top row: registered/authorized (trademark)
Main column: Fujimi (the brand) 45 layers
Bottom row: made in Japan

On a more serious note, with this many engraved characters, does this pose a slightly higher risk for harbor bacteria that are trapped in there?

On a more serious note, with this many engraved characters, does this pose a slightly higher risk for harbor bacteria that are trapped in there?

I wouldn't worry about that as long as you clean your blades with boiling water and soap with a brush like you normally would.

I'm unsure whether this is a joke (the Danes pride themselves on their irony) or whether my knife hygiene is even worse than I thought.

I wouldn't worry about that as long as you clean your blades with boiling water and soap with a brush like you normally would.

Back