Quantcast
Help to Design a Forum Knife! - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Help to Design a Forum Knife!

You guys are really winding me up with ideas. I feeling the butcher's knife set is something worth pursuing for the forum knife (well knives in this case) but some of the other ideas can be follow ups.

So what do you all feel is required in a western styled butcher knife set?

Scimitar

Boning knife

???

Here are a few old style butcher knife patterns, some (I believe) not made anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russell 1941.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remington.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	114  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Universal Wilson Village Blacksmith.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	116  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Uh oh. Niloc's gonna be all over this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    You guys are really winding me up with ideas. I feeling the butcher's knife set is something worth pursuing for the forum knife (well knives in this case) but some of the other ideas can be follow ups.

So what do you all feel is required in a western styled butcher knife set?

Scimitar

Boning knife

???
    Just the two, or it's gonna get out of hand (even though we're used to that).

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Just the two, or it's gonna get out of hand (even though we're used to that).
    yeah, i thought about trying to add a third piece, like a fork or steel, but neither of those things would be worth adding $50-100 to the set. I find forks to be pretty useless, and 99% of people here would rather strop than steel their knife.

if you wanted to add something to make it a bit interesting, maybe a leather fold or roll to hold them? kinda like two sheaths that are connected and can be folded together and then tied, maybe with an additional flap to fold over the handles before closing it up. nice storage solution for home users and pros, can easily be added to a kit bag. and it is more "american" than a traditional saya.

kinda like this one. please ignore the over priced and poorly shaped knives.

Warren (Unconundrum) talked about making these years ago, wait until he see this picture.

Similar design, isn't it Dave ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnConundrum View Post
    Similar design, isn't it Dave ?

Yeah isn't it though?