Last of the Knife Blocks - Almost

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I have made knife blocks to order in the past. Here are three of the last four that are now ready to ship.

All three are vertical blocks rather than slanted.

Two are solid walnut, 20 slots each with two cleaver slots and 4 extra slots for the thicker knives. I tried to book match the fronts as much as possible for appearance.
DSCN0013.jpg

The big one is maple with a walnut wrap, 26 knife slots, 1 steel slot, two thick cleaver slots and two extra for thicker knives. Again I tried to book match the front as much as possible for appearance.
DSCN0009.jpg[
The last one is solid walnut and I will post a photo once the finishing is complete.

I'm sorry for the crappy photos. I clumsily dropped my Nikon D5000 to a concrete floor and watched the camera bounce with the lens flying off in another direction. I only hope the repairs aren't to expensive.

Those are good looking, what is the max blade length they can accomodate?

The blocks will hold knives up to 12 1/2" in length.

What blade height will the regular slots fit? What height will the cleaver slots fit?

The cleaver slots in the walnut block are 6" and in the maple block 5".

Normally the slots for the other slots fit knives 2 1/2" in blade height. Some are less depending on the customers wishes.

How Much are the 20 slot walnut blocks going for?

Mike

Nice, David. Didn't you have a few on the firewood pile? Whatever became of those?

Stefan

I had one for the firewood pile but it was sold. Once one of these blocks ships I will have another for sale.

Dave, are these particular blocks commissioned works or are they on-hand ready-for-sale items?

Dave, are these particular blocks commissioned works or are they on-hand ready-for-sale items?

All the knife blocks are made to order. Next week I will have two blocks available for sale.

Back