Ideas for easily transportable appetizers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcookie

Reaction score
Got invited to this Diner en Blanc thing, which is this dinner where you have to dress in white and show up at a location that you only find out about at the last minute. And you have bring you own food, drinks, chairs, and tables.

I've been charged with prepping appetizers for four. Requirements are that it can be easily transportable, can be served at room temperature, ideally doesn't require refrigeration/ice pack(less to carry).

I'm thinking may be doing various verrine in small mason jars, or gazpacho. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Rillettes and nice crusty baguette. I think you're taking a bit of a risk with the terrine... though I'm assuming you'd want decoration set under aspic on the terrines. Clear gazpacho could be fun and impressive! Though at the end of the day I think the rillette would do the best at room temp.

I was thinking verrine, i.e. small apps served in small glasses. I figure I can adapt that to small mason jars which I can pack and server easily. Rillettes is a great idea, I love confit. :D

Back