• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(from EU) Shigefusa Kasumi Honesuki 165mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sale is my practically unused Shigefusa Honesuki 165mm. It took a long consideration to decide to sell this knife as it does look amazing and is, at least to my knowledge, just one out of 3 that were ever made. I just does not seem able to give the knife the use it deserves.

Dimensions:
- heel to tip: 165mm
- height at the heel: 40mm
- width of the spine at the handle: 5.5mm
- width of spine at heel: 4.5mm
- width of spine at middle: 3.6mm
- width of spine 1cm from the tip: 1.8mm
- weight: 153g

Condition:
I have sharpened the knife once and the look of the wide bevel was really nothing to write home about. So I have finally decided to send it to Greg (from Wabocho) to give it the finish it deserves. The photos show the current condition. I have not used the knife since it came back from Greg. In other words - the knife is as close to "new" condition as lightly used knife can get :)

Price:
$390 (360€) + shipping

Shipping:
The knife will be shipped from Germany, so no additional taxes should be applied by local customs for EU buyers.
Insured shipping:
- within Germnay: 7 €
- within EU: 14 €
- the rest of the world: 16 - 42 € depending on your location, please ask for exact quote.

Payment:
Money transfer or PayPal.

Please note:
- If you have any questions, just reply to this thread.
- Please use PM for offers
- Please no trades

Now for some photos:

I forgot to take a new choil and tip shot so here are the photos from the time when I bought the knife, but of course there was no change in grind so these are still valid:

oh no i saw it...please someone grab it before i can not control myself

Wow, what a lovely piece... sadly I wouldn't be able to give the knife the use it deserves either... Wish you good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back