Lobster mac and cheese

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

Reaction score
In Maine for the week with the family. Went to the Stonington Lobster Coop and picked up a couple of 1 3/4 lb. beauts. I know the dish is a bit of a cliche now but I made one damn fine (or wicked good in Maine) lobster mac and cheese with my 14 y.o. as sous chef.

"cliché" doesn't necessarily mean "Not Yummy!" But u know the rules around here ... pic's or it didn't really happen :cheffry:

Now you got me missin some Mac' n cheese (crustacean or not) ... damn it!

Go check out Josh's (brainsausage) place in Portland while you're there.
Salvage BBQ
I've heard he does not disappoint.

man..that is one of the few times i would allow cheese to mix with delicious lobster. yum!!

I spent many summers as a kid in Deer Isle. It's a unique little spot on the coast of Maine. I haven't been back in years, but one of these days I would love to take my kids there. Thanks for posting but yes, we need some pictures.....

Plant me firmly in the disagree with cheese and lobster category.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the pic rule. It be gone now. Wasn't too shabby as leftovers, either.

I contacted Brainsausage and may stop by on my way out of Maine if it works out.

Castalia, you'd recognize Deer Isle as the place you remember but the towns are a little more touristy.

Back