Stabilized Blocks Ancient Bog Oak - Carbon Dated 2090 Years old - Stabilized by K&G

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I have started posting the new batch of Stabilized Bog Oak in the web store. The last couple batches of this unusual wood went away pretty quickly. The ones I am posting tonight are just half of the batch that arrived a day early from the stabilizers. So....if you miss out on these, there will be a couple dozen more blocks this weekend.
Click on the photo to see what is still available.

Each of the pieces that are listed in the store will have their own short video.
This video just gives a quick glance at the new batch.
[video]https://youtu.be/O3Z2A5YHnk0[/video]

Something I forgot to mention.
I have re-activated the "Forum Discount".
To redeem the discount you use the coupon code "forum" During checkout.
If you click on the link to view your shopping cart there will be a field that says coupon code.
In the field enter the lower case letters forum and it will apply a 10% discount to your order.

If I may ask - what kind of properties should one expect from Bog oak? I am about to order a knife (from Russia) and the maker also offers this material for handle. Does this wood needs to be stabilised? How Heavy it is (I mean density of course) compared to other hard woods. Thank you.

Bog Oak takes stabilizing very well. Before stabilizing weight and hardness is similar to maple. Kind of medium. For a kitchen knife I like stabilized best. But that is just my opinion.

I don't make handles anymore, but I still want a couple blocks!!!

Back