• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Haburn 240 Heavy Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale Haburn 240 Gyuto in AEB-L
240 from tip to heel.
55 mm tall heel
3.20 mm spine above heel
Stabilized cocobolo with Carbon Fiber ferrule
278 g weight

I've always enjoyed Ian's handwork and his Fit and finish is second to none. I thought I wanted a heavy (workhorse) gyuto with a more blade forward design. It was purchased new in May 2015 from Ian. After extremely light use, I've decided this design is not not for me. This is his current Heavy Gyuto profile.

The knife has been used to cut a few vegetables, just to give me a feel of how it performed. There are a few small scuffs near the heal from stropping but the knife has not been sharpened.

Hope this beautiful knife finds a more deserving home.

I paid $625.

Asking $550 shipped CONUS.

Willing to do International if shipping is prepaid

5E1D8459-3425-43B5-AB42-CE5DB572ACCC.jpg

9E0B2134-906E-475E-BADC-810F236CCA54.jpg

E4CBA48F-713B-44DE-9B29-9F756B815B1C.jpg

4E2739CB-CD28-4F03-957E-CB2AFDCB9E42.jpg

D@mn that's gorgeous...I love Ian's work.

I'll help Mucho out here.
The handle is carbon fiber and Arizona desert ironwood burl.
Choil shot:
8KXf2c0l.jpg

This knife looks ideal to me. Ugh...

The choil shot reminds me of my favorite knives past and present. I think my fuse is lit up on this one. Somebody please purchase!!!

Chuckles, the 2 I have from Ian are straight up keepers. Just saying

Great way to join in the madness! Hard to beat a knife like this one as for a "starter set"

Lonnie, I got the payment thanks. I'm going to try to get it in the mail today. Work just blew up but I'm going to try, but will definitely have it out to you by the weekend. Such a beautiful knife, good for you! Thanks again

dennis

Thanks, by the way I just got off the phone with another member and a few people are suspicious of me just joining and purchasing knives. I am in Northern California and spend my weekends in Yountville CA where I have quite a few chef buddies. I am just trying to make them jealous. I also really like knives.

Thanks, by the way I just got off the phone with another member and a few people are suspicious of me just joining and purchasing knives. I am in Northern California and spend my weekends in Yountville CA where I have quite a few chef buddies. I am just trying to make them jealous. I also really like knives.

I'm not sure why people would be suspicious. Once the money clears the knife goes out, or am I missing something?

I'm just thankful you bought it because I too was sorely tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back